Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Card for two challenges

This card was made with the Penny Black Saturday Challenge in mind but whilst doing a spot of blog hopping I came across Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog and as #35 is Anything Goes I've decided to enter it for that too.

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 112 - is a recipe
READY STEADY COOK
and the ingredients are
1 Circle....2 Papers and 3 Flowers

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - # 35 ANYTHING GOES



Image - Penny Black
coloured with Promarkers + chalks
Papers - MME 'Bloom & Grow'
Ribbon & Brads - Papermania
Flowers - Prima

The base was made from smooth white 300g cardstock and is 15cm square. I began by choosing the image then printing off two matching papers in a green & pink colour scheme. However after colouring the plantpots in terracotta, apricot and pumpkin I decided that they didn't look right with the pink so began a search for something else. Much later ... more papers out and more printed off ... I decided to use these as the colours looked better and I had flowers and ribbon to match. I'm quite pleased with the finished card and now I'm going to see what I can do with the off-cuts ... other than adding them to the ever growing pile.
Thanks for looking and please leave me a message so that I know you dropped by.

Hugs,
Lynn x


7 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn love your colour coordination of the image, paper and embellishments.

    Cheers
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card lynn.the image is super cute and i love your layout and stunning papers.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those stunning colours, so clean and fresh and cute too. Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, thanks for joining us at PBSC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, sweet card Lynn, love the colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet lynn...one of my fave papers...thanks for joining in the recipe challenge this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall