The theme of the week 65 challenge at Passion for ProMarkers is 'Winter blue' so I decided to make this card with just the winter greetings and not specifically as a Christmas card. Now the new challenge starts tomorrow (or should I say today) at 9 am so I am very late posting this but it's been a busy week and then tonight when I tried to get this card finished I had problems with my snowflakes ... or should that be ice crystals. The Cuttlebug die and matching embossing folder were bought before christmas last year and didn't get used much ... now I remember why. Everytime I attempted to cut the shape, parts of it didn't cut through completely, with an extra layer of card it was better but still not cut through properly in the middle. Much wasted card later I gave up and finished a few of them with my scissors (if I wanted to cut snowflakes by hand I wouldn't have bought the die) but after using the embossing folder they looked fine and didn't look like they had been cut by hand. Next problem was the spray adhesive I used to hold the glitter ... not holding would be more accurate as it seems to be falling off, but by this time I had had enough so they will have to do for now, I may take them off and re-do them tomorrow. The stamp was borrowed from a friend and as it's unmounted I don't know who the maker is. The papers were designed by Martine McKnight and are part of a kit that is free to download but I'll have to add the link later.

Card is smooth white base 6" square
Stamp - Unknown make
coloured with ProMarkers
Blush, Pastel Pink, Berry Red, Grass,
Pastel Blue, Cornflower & China Blue
DP - 'Winter Wonderland' by Martne McKnight
Die/Embossing folder - Cuttlebug 'Ice Crystal'
Sentiment stamps - Stampendous from 'Snowy Short Stacks'
Icicle Sticker - Starform
Stamp - Unknown make
coloured with ProMarkers
Blush, Pastel Pink, Berry Red, Grass,
Pastel Blue, Cornflower & China Blue
DP - 'Winter Wonderland' by Martne McKnight
Die/Embossing folder - Cuttlebug 'Ice Crystal'
Sentiment stamps - Stampendous from 'Snowy Short Stacks'
Icicle Sticker - Starform
Thanks for looking.
Hugs,
Lynn x
Hugs,
Lynn x

Such a fabulous card Lynn. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn,
ReplyDeleteThis is fab! Love the image & those snowflakes look great despite your problems! Definitely worth the effort!! Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx
fabby card..such a fun image. :0)..thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn
ReplyDeleteA brilliant card.
I love the neat and clean look so much - and you do it really well.
Love your snowflakes.
Love Jules xx