Monday, 16 August 2010

FEELING FRUITY

The Penny Black Saturday Challenge ... Week 114 - is FEELING FRUITY

After a look through my PB stamps the only one I could find with fruit was 'Chicky Night' as one of the chicks has a cherry in her drink (a very small cherry). But not wanting to push my luck with this very tiny link to fruit, I put my thinking cap on ... could I use a fruitless image with fruit added from somewhere else ... maybe a hedgie or mouse could be made to carry a piece of fruit, or sit on a piece of fruit, or even appear out of a piece of fruit .... MAYBE NOT.
So I had to turn to my Christmas stamps and use one of the images from my 12 Days Of Christmas Transparent set. One of the DT has used this but I tried to make my card completely different so it wouldn't look like I was copying.
Unusually for me it is A6 size, I don't often make cards this small, but it's going into my 'not for special people' christmas card box ... I think I'll make a batch of these using all the other images in the set. It may not be clear from the photo but the fold is at the top, Pink Petticoat papers, sentiment printed on the pc and three extra pears for added interest.





Image - PB '12 Days of Christmas'
stamped with Versafine
coloured with Promarkers
cut with Nestabilities

Red & white card - my stash
Digital papers - Pink Petticoat


I'm off to link up now, thanks for looking,

Hugs,
Lynn x






6 comments:

  1. Ahhh such a cute card Lynne!, fab image and great layout.
    Take care Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynn you are so funny.

    You have really shot yourself in the foot there in saying your gorgeous creation is going into the "not for special people box" .. .. I hope the lucky person who receives it doesn't read your blog!!! LOL!!!

    Personally I think your card is really special .. .. and it would be loved by anyone who was lucky enough to received it.

    Hard to believe it is A6 size with all that gorgeousness going on.

    Love it!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card lynn,the image is fab and love the card size and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, fab colours and adorable image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn

    this is gorgeous, I love your layout gorgeous! thanks for joining us at pbsc

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card lynn....fun image and love the fruit embellies.....thanks for joining in the fruity fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall