Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Birthay card for my son

Todays card was made for my son for his 15th birthday. He plays cricket at our local club, and his team have been very successful this year, so the card from his dad and me had to have a cricket theme. This set of stamps was bought with him in mind but I'm sure it will get used for others too as there is also a footballer and various sentiments.
I'm entering it into this weeks challenge at Cards for Men which is Challenge no 17 - Decoupage. It's A5 size and though not very clear on the photos, several of the elements were stamped twice and attached with Pinflair Glue Gel to add dimension - cap, shirt, gloves, bat, pads and shoes, in addition to the pads in the bottom corner and several of the balls. I don't think Alex realises that there are actually 15 cricket balls on this card - one for every year - I did this rather than spoil the layout by adding a number 15. The club colours are red and black so I was made up when I managed to find this paper - I think it looks quite crickety (is that a real word).





Stamp - It's a Man's World by Clare Curd
from 'For the Love of Sport' set
coloured with ProMarkers
Striped DP - Kirsty Wiseman
Sentiments - Papermania Peel Offs

Thanks for looking,

Hugs,
Lynn x




3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn

    A perfect card for a 15 year old son who is into cricket.

    Love the idea of the 15 cricket balls!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set and the way you have used his team colours. Thanks for playing along with our decoupage challenge at Cards for Men.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the decoupage, wonderful way to use his team colors. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall