Tuesday, 17 August 2010

50th Birthday Card in Red

Not a challenge card this time. A colleague asked me to make a 50th birthday card for her friend Jan, who loves the colour red and lives on a farm. Well after a bit of puzzling (quite a lot really) over various animal stamps, I couldn't find one that I was happy with so I abandoned that idea and returned to this layout that I have used before. I went with the red idea and used DP's from Pink Petticoat but looking at it now I think I may have gone overboard with the colour. I'm not entirely happy with the striped paper either ... would have prefered thinner stripes ... but this was the only one I could find. The rubber stamp is by Dimension Fourth and shows a mouse in a champagne glass ... they probably have got mice on the farm though I doubt they give them champagne to drink. The card is A5 size and finished with a length of red ribbon, wine bottle charm and a few clear gems.



Items Used

Stamp - Dimension Fourth
coloured with ProMarkers
Papers - Pink Petticoat
Ribbon - Ribbon Oasis
Silver card/Charm - from stash
Gems - Anitas
Fiskars Threading Water punch
Nestabilities
Number Dies - Hippy Chick


Thanks for looking.

Hugs,
Lynn x






3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn

    Your card is lovely and I am sure both your customer and the recipient will be more than pleased.

    You made me smile at the thought of all the mice on a farm drinking champagne .. .. that would be one popular farm !!!

    The image and ribbon is gorgeous too by the way.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card & there is nothing wrong with it. I'm sure the birthday girl will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lyn
    love this card...colours Fab
    hugs
    Sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall