For this first card, which is 6"x6", I used a Papermania stamp of a man asleep in his chair, hubby does this a lot, surrounded by his newspaper, tv remote and cup of tea. I liked the idea of using some distressed newsprint for the background after watching a demo on the web, so I looked through the sports pages for a suitable piece of the correct size. Unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for as I wanted all words without pictures and didn't like the blank spaces between the columns. Then I had the idea of cutting out the column strips and pasting them randomly to create the background (I used Ranger Distress Inks first) and I'm really happy with the result. The image was coloured with Promarkers and the word strips created on the pc.
My second card is A5 size and I have used a free download called 'Soccer Nut' which was a Friday Freebie from Bugaboo Stamps. I printed the image twice, once onto craft card from which I cut out the 'nut' and created texture using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The rosette was created with scalloped nesties and another free image but I can't remember where I got this from. I love Soccer Nut, he's so cute.
Thanks for stopping by, if you leave a comment I can return your visit.
Hugs, Lynn x

Hi Lynn
ReplyDeleteTwo great cards .. can't choose between them as to which is my fav as they are both brilliant.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Gorgeous cards!!
ReplyDeleteLove the backing papers on the first card such a great idea!, and the "nut" is fantastic!!
Have a lovely evening, Vicky xx
2 brilliant cards.i love the paper background on your 1st, its really effective and the nut one is fantastic, love how you have embossed the nut.luv coops.xx
ReplyDeletelove this card, it is very cool! love the peanut!
ReplyDeletethe backing paper looks really effective,
ReplyDeleteand that nut how cool is that lol.love em both
Sue
Hi Lynn
ReplyDeleteOh wow you fabulous cards, I love the paper on the first one and brilliant images.
Hugs Emma x
Great job on this card!! Love it!!!
ReplyDelete