I've not posted for a couple of weeks as I've not had much time to craft and therefore nothing to share. I did make a quick card for the Headteacher at school as her Aunty was soon to be 90 and she couldn't find a suitable card so asked me to make one. Flowers and pink (plus the number 90) was the brief so I used Whispers by Penny Black ... again ... with some papers from HOTP and silver mirry card. I printed the sentiment directly onto the smooth white card then found a nice verse for the inside and stamped the image again on the left of the insert. I did consider putting a ribbon bow on too but that would have made it too thick for a standard stamp and would have entailed a visit to the PO. I had to take a quick photo before school, as she needed to get it in the post, so it's not great but this was the best of the bunch.

I said a quick card but if I'm honest it wasn't that quick, they never are. Deciding on the stamp, papers and layout then making the card, finding a verse etc took me into the early hours. Still, she loved it and said that her Aunty would be thrilled to see her name on the front (and inside), I asked for £3 (it's A5 size by the way) but she gave me £5 and wouldn't take any change. It's so nice to have your creations appreciated, isn't it?
Lynn x
I said a quick card but if I'm honest it wasn't that quick, they never are. Deciding on the stamp, papers and layout then making the card, finding a verse etc took me into the early hours. Still, she loved it and said that her Aunty would be thrilled to see her name on the front (and inside), I asked for £3 (it's A5 size by the way) but she gave me £5 and wouldn't take any change. It's so nice to have your creations appreciated, isn't it?
Lynn x

gorgeous card lynn, the image is beautiful and i love the soft colours.luv coops.xx
ReplyDelete