The
Get Funky challenge for July is 'Something New', and whilst we were on holiday the daughter of some good friends of ours had a baby girl - so a new baby card was the ideal subject for my entry. I had already printed the Pink Petticoat image of a baby girl in a buggy so rustled this card up last night (and I do mean night and not evening) so that I could enter it in the challenge and deliver it today. Now I'm not a big fan of pink so I decided to go with a yellow theme and began my search for suitable papers by looking through the 'Funky Seasons' CD - I always seem to start with this one probably because it was the first Funky Hand CD that I bought. The yellow spotty paper chose itself but then I needed something plain to go with it as I wanted to use my baby themed embossing folder. I did like a peachy coloured paper that I thought would match the spots but when it was printed I wasn't quite right so I ended up with .... pink. Not a colour I would normaly choose but I'm really please with the combination ... it reminds me of ice-cream. I used two copies of the image, coloured with Promarkers, and decoupaged the buggy and parasol with Glue Gel to get a 3D effect. The finishing touch was the ribbon, which I had to colour to match, and a teddy bear charm.
The finished card

A closer view of the buggy

Personalised with baby's name

SuppliesPapers - Funky Hand 'Funky Seasons'
Image & sentiment - Pink Petticoat 'Li'l Baby Buggy'
coloured with Promarkers
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Die Cut Letters - Sizzix 'Wingo Zingo'
White ribbon from stash coloured with Promarkers
Teddy charm - Mei Flower
Thanks for looking,
Hugs Lynn x
This is fab and such a good colour combo too! I've got a few baby cards to make and not sure what they will be so have to hedge my bets so thanks for the inspiration! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute card Lynn!!, love funky hands cdroms and I must say I do have them all lol!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous image and love the colour combo!!
Take care Vicky xx
beautiful card lynn, the image is so cute and i love the colours and the tied ribbons.
ReplyDeletexx coops xx
great colours fab card
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along at Get Funky this month
AllisonX