Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Two cards for Danny

It was my elder son's birthday last week and these are the cards I made for him. The first was for his brother to give to him and was made with a Papermania decoupage pack that I bought a few weeks ago. I don't usually buy things like this as I prefer to stamp and colour myself, but after looking at the stamp set that this pack is based on I decided that I wouldn't use the stamps much so bought the decoupage pack instead. It included enough images to make four cards plus co-ordinated backing papers, but such is my willpower that I went back later and bought the stamps too ....... well I needed them, lol.


Base card - Smooth white 300g A5 size
Decoupage & Paper Pack - Papermania 'It's a Man's World' by Clare Curd



This second card was from my husband and me and at 21 cms square it's bigger than I usually make. I used 2 sheets of thick A4 card, joined at the spine, to create this. I didn't want anything girly so chose card and papers in shades of plum/burgundy, they do look better in real life, not so dull as they seem here. Added a bit of faux stitching, brads and ribbon for extra interest.


Patterned digital papers - Funky Hand
Plain card, brads, ribbon - from stash
Sentiment stamps - Papermania

Thanks for looking.

Hugs, Lynn x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn

    Great cards.

    Love the image on the first one - might have to seek that one out if it is available as a stamp.

    Great second card too .. .. thought I recognised the papers!

    Hope your son had a good birthday.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulouse cards Lynn and such a brill iamge on the first card...perfect for the occasion :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 great male cards, i love the image on the 1st and the 2nd is really fab, a great layout and i love the colours.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards! I really like your paperpiecing on the first one and the second one has a great layout and fab colours!
    Love, Alex

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall