My younger son, Alex, was 16 yesterday (where did the last 16 years go) and has been playing a lot of golf recently, so instead of the usual cricket card he got one with a golf theme. He's got a great sense of humour so I wanted a funny image and after seeeing this one somewhere in Blogland I managed to track it down to 'Karens Doodles'. Fortunately it was a digital image and not a rubber stamp so it wasn't a problem that I was on the last minute as usual.
It's 20cms square and I've used Funky Hand DP's so that I can enter it into the current challenge at Get Funky which is Boys, Boys, Boys. The papers are a combination, some from the 'Jovial Man' collection on Colour Me Happy and the other from the latest freebie. ProMarkers were used for colouring the image and the flag was created to enable me to add his age.
I really like the finished card but after it was too late I had the idea to use a scorecard instead of one of the rectangles - well maybe next time.
It's 20cms square and I've used Funky Hand DP's so that I can enter it into the current challenge at Get Funky which is Boys, Boys, Boys. The papers are a combination, some from the 'Jovial Man' collection on Colour Me Happy and the other from the latest freebie. ProMarkers were used for colouring the image and the flag was created to enable me to add his age.
I really like the finished card but after it was too late I had the idea to use a scorecard instead of one of the rectangles - well maybe next time.
CHALLENGES
Get Funky - Boys, Boys, Boys
Catch The Bug - August - Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts Challenge # 16 - Numbers
Birthday Sundaes Challenge # 21 - Birthday Cards
CYDA Challenge # 26 - Birthday Celebrations
FROSTED Designs Challenge - Colouring
KB Cute Monday Challenge 24 - Anything goes using a digi!
Just Some Lines - Outdoor/Summer Colour
Thanks for looking
Hugs, Lynn x
Hugs, Lynn x

Brilliant card Lynn...love the image and great dp's too...hope you son had a lovely b'day hun...
ReplyDeletehugs Vicky xx
This is so cool! Love the image! Really reflects the condition of teens :) Many thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week! Look forward seeing more of your projects! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteLynn this is such a fab card! I bet your son loved it. Your colouring is wonderful on the digital stamp..I really must make more effort to try to improve mine. Thank you very much for joining in with our challenge over at Get Funky this month.
ReplyDeleteAnice xx
fantastic card lynn.i love the fun image and stunning papers and design :D
ReplyDeletexx coops xx
Wonderful card, amazing coloring. Love the design and layout! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
ReplyDeletehugs
Marilyn
Great card, love that image! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Numbers challenge, don't forget to pop back this Friday and Saturday to vote for your favourite
ReplyDelete((Lyn))
Super cute! My father would love this image. Thanks so much for joining us for a challenge this week at Frosted Designs.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome take on our challenge - great work and thanks so much for joining us at Just Some Lines
ReplyDeleteSide note- teens are fun! Enjoy every minute and every ups and downs!
Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT
Happy Birthday to your baby boy! :) The card is wonderful! Thanks for joining our challenge at Just Some Lines! :)
ReplyDeleteTerrific card for a young man. They grow so fast don't they?
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing his birthday card with us at Craft Your Days Away.
Mari
Hi Lynn
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant card.
I love what you have done with your Funky Papers!!! That is a great image alongside too!!
I bet your son loved it.
Don't ask me where the years go!! My eldest is nearly 32 and it doesn't seem two minutes since I was that age myself!!!
Thank you for sharing with Get Funky!
Love Jules xx
Excellent card - I just love that image! Thank you so much for joining us at Quirky Crafts this week.
ReplyDeleteVery nice! - thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Some Lines! :)
ReplyDeleteLaura JSL DT
What a fun card. My youngest son just turned 17. Yes, where did the years go. Keep him doing golf, maybe there's a college scholarship in the future. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug challenge this week.
ReplyDeleteOmg lyn that is just absolutely fabulous, I love the way you used your funky hand papers, so cool and funky for a 16 year old. Thank you for sharing it with us over on get funky hugs Lou xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Lynn,
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect card!! I love the way you've used your papers, the image is such fun and the flag is fab!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Get Funky this month and good luck! x
What a cool masculine card! The image is so fun and I like your 16th flag! Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!
ReplyDeleteGreat card! I love all the layers! Thanks for joining us this week at Birthday Sundaes!
ReplyDeleteTara
http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com
lol this is brilliant! I love how you've done the flag! Thanks so much for joining in the Get Funky challenge!
ReplyDeleteA great male card - love the image and the 16 flag. Hope your son had a great birthday - they grow up so quickly.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in our birthday celebrations this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away.
Hugs Sarahxx
Great combination of papers and I do like the image!! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next time on the Funky Fifteenth! Get Funky!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great image and a lovely card for a boy - congratulations on being in the top three
ReplyDeletesuch a perfect boys birthday card!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being in the top 3!
Love your card and conrats on being one of the top 3 winners.
ReplyDelete