This is the other card that I made for my Baby Boy's 16th birthday last Sunday - this one was for his older brother to give to him.
It's DL, made by cutting down a sheet of A4 and I've used the same collection of papers (Jovial Man) and some more of the elements from this months freebie. It started with me trying to use up some of the papers that I'd already printed but they didn't look right for what I had in mind so, as usual, I had to print more. It's not my usual style but the 'text' wording seemed appropriate as the two of them do a lot of that. As for the sewing, I can sew straight but wanted it to be wonky, honest.
It's DL, made by cutting down a sheet of A4 and I've used the same collection of papers (Jovial Man) and some more of the elements from this months freebie. It started with me trying to use up some of the papers that I'd already printed but they didn't look right for what I had in mind so, as usual, I had to print more. It's not my usual style but the 'text' wording seemed appropriate as the two of them do a lot of that. As for the sewing, I can sew straight but wanted it to be wonky, honest.
Now I did intend entering it in this months Get Funky challenge of 'Boys, Boys, Boys' because I saw that several people had entered more than once - but when I checked the rules it does state 'one entry only', and I wouldn't want to get disqualified so that one's out.
CHALLENGES ENTERED
Catch the Bug - August - Anything Goes
CYDA Challenge # 26 - Birthday Celebrations
Cupcake craft Challenge 154 - Sew Mad
Paper Creations Ink Challenge # 6 - Stitching Theme
The Stamp Man Challenge # 28 - Show us some Stitching
Divas by Design Challenge 8 - Birthdays
CHALLENGES ENTERED
Catch the Bug - August - Anything Goes
CYDA Challenge # 26 - Birthday Celebrations
Cupcake craft Challenge 154 - Sew Mad
Paper Creations Ink Challenge # 6 - Stitching Theme
The Stamp Man Challenge # 28 - Show us some Stitching
Divas by Design Challenge 8 - Birthdays
Thanks for looking and all comments are very much appreciated.
Hugs, Lynn x
Hugs, Lynn x

Hi Lynn
ReplyDeleteOh wow!! This is brilliant.
Yes, only one entry into the Funky challenge .. .. what a shame :-(
Love what you have done here very much .. especially the text speak and the wonky stitching. Sometimes it is harder to sew wonky than straight I find.
Looks like Alex had a Funky birthday!! LOL!!
Love Jules xx
Love your stitching - it looks with this design. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week! x
ReplyDeleteCute card, and design. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
ReplyDeletehugs Marilyn
Love it.....I love the cut out's and congratulations again to your son on his 16th birthday. I think the entire card is extremely clever and perfectly laid out. Thanks for the second entry on the Catch the Bug challenge.
ReplyDeleteLynn... This is awesome and perfect for an older brother to give to a younger one! I love the stitching that you added!!! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara
ReplyDeleteSuper card for just anyone! Great entry for the Birthday challenge at Diva's by Design! Good luck and be sure to join us again next time!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Tammy Louise
Your invited to join in on my blogversary candy if you collect!
Wonderful male card :) Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck. Jane x
ReplyDeleteLynn I really like your stitching. It gives me hope that I don't always have to sew a straight line :0) Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat
ReplyDeleteFab card! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx
ReplyDelete