I made this card to give to a friend of mine, and although we don't usually exchange gifts I decided to make a cupcake to go with it. The image, from Bugaboo, is called 'JJ Tequila and Shoes - Birthday' and the sentiment is included in the download. I'm not sure what make the paper is as I've had it for ages, and although I'm not a fan of pink I do like the design, so decided it was time it got used. The image and card candy were coloured with ProMarkers and the pink ribbon was a piece I probably rescued from some item of clothing. I always cut those 'hanger loops' out of tops and dresses 'cos they just get in the way if left on and of course I can't just throw them away. Combined it with green, my favourite colour, and I'm happy with the finished card.
Front View
Front View
Close Up
I've made a few 'Cupcakes' since first seeing them in Blogland and as this card has a cupcake theme it seemed like a good idea to do one to match. Most of the ones I've seen have been made with a face flannel or socks but I like to use a hair wrap - the sort you wrap around your hair after washing. Those made from Micro-fibre are best, not towelling which would be too bulky, as it is the finished Cupcake is still more like a 'Large Muffin' . The 'sugar coated cherry' is some sort of berry from my christmas decorations and I did make a matching gift box/bag but forgot to take a photo and it's too late now.
CHALLENGES
Catch the Bug, August Challenge - Anything Goes
A Spoon Full of Sugar, Challenge 162 - Happy Birthday
Craft Us Crazy, Challenge 14 - Anything Goes
CYDA, Challenge # 26 - Birthday Celebrations
Thanks for popping by.
Hugs, Lynn x

Fantastic card Lynne....love the image...lol...and the sentiment is brill too..
ReplyDeleteOoh that cupcake....it's fabulous hun and your friend will just love it...!
have a lovely day....hugs Vicky xx
Superb creations. If only that cupcake was real!Thank you for joining in with us at Catch The Bug and our Anything Goes challenge for August.
ReplyDeleteTFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com
stunning card lynn..love the fab image and sentiment and gorgeous colours.
ReplyDeleteyour cupcake is fabulous. looks good enough to eat :D
xx coops xx
Gorgeous! Great card design and coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
ReplyDeletehugs
Marilyn
Fantastic Lynn! x
ReplyDeletehi Lynn, that is total genius with the hair wrap cupcake. and I do exactly the same with the ribbon in clothing
ReplyDeleteDebz
xx
Gorgeous card Lynn and what a fab idea....a calorie free cupcake! xx Jenny xx
ReplyDeleteGreat makes Lynn .. .. love the card and your little cupcake looks brilliant.
ReplyDeleteLove Jules xx
Fabulous fun card and love the cupcake.
ReplyDeleteluv
Debby
Fab card and gift! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx
ReplyDeleteI love your card & I love that cupcake (calorie free too!), great job Lynn :) Stephanie x
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card and your cupcake is gorgeous. I am smiling as I write because I too cut all the ribbon loops from clothes but unlike you, I never seem to find a use for them. You've inspired me to look at them again!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Carol x
Fabulous Lynn...love the "cupcake"
ReplyDeleteKerry x
Nice card. So lovely design. I want to try to design like this for the Plastic cards, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.
ReplyDelete