Last minute again for the 'Get Funky' challenge which this time is 'Just a number'. The instructions ask for a large number, no images allowed but text is fine.
The idea for this card came together quite well but took time because I had to cut the large numbers by hand and the black layer took ages to get right. The green paper was left over from another card and I thought that I would easily find a matching paper for the background - WRONG - I spent ages looking for just the right one and printed several before deciding that they weren't quite what I had in mind. Eventually settling for this dotty one which is from one of my favourite CD's 'Funky Daze'. The white base card is 20cm square and the text has been printed directly onto the background with a few black stars added to finish it off.
I do like to enter the challenges at Get Funky, partly to support Funky Hand because I love the designs but also because many of the cards I make do actually feature Funky Hand papers. This one was made for the June challenge which was to follow a sketch. Now I quite like having a sketch to follow as it takes away some of the decision making but I found it difficult incorporating the circular element. However I came up with this card for a friend who was cellebrating her 60th birthday. The papers are from the Winter Birthday collection on 'Happy Happy Birthday' and the image is by Bugaboo.
Sadly Mr Blogger had fallen out with me again, kept saying that my password had been changed, so I couldn't get into my blog and the challenge ended before I could enter it. Well I've forgiven him now so thought I would share the card anyway.
I'm entering it in Challenge #2 at Created With Love
which is sponsored by Bugaboo as the theme is 'Happy Birthday'
Thanks for looking.
which is sponsored by Bugaboo as the theme is 'Happy Birthday'
Thanks for looking.
Hugs, Lynn x

Both cards are wonderful Lynn thank you so much for joining in with the Get Funky Challenges and being so kind about Funky Hand products. It makes it all worth while the hard work I put into making them when I hear/read comments like yours
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you
Anice (Funky Hand)
Lovely card. I had never thought to print on patterned paper and then cut it out. Thanks fot taking part in Created With Love Challenges Birthday Challenge.
ReplyDeleteChris
Great cards! Love the scalloped shape of the cards. Thank you for playing along at Created With Love Challenges
ReplyDeleteWe are having so much fun!!!
DawnD
I love your card so cute the colors are great Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
ReplyDeleteLisa O
so stunning lynn.fantastic designs and i love the fun image :D
ReplyDeletexx coops xx
Hi Lynn I love your card the image is so perfect. I also love the papers you used. Very creative. Welcome to Created With Love challenges.
ReplyDelete