Friday, 31 August 2012

Baby Cakes

Not a card today, well not only a card.  This is the first time I've made 'Baby Cakes' for a new mum and I'm quite pleased with the result.

  Cake Box and Card


I wanted to get a small gift for the daughter of a colleague and remembered that I had two cakeboxes that I bought on a whim from Tesco a while back.  Obviously intended for a boy and girl as one was pink and the other blue.  The baby being a boy, I bought a pack of  'onsies' in blue and white to make the 'cakes' but when they were together the blue cakebox looked more greeny blue and not a good match.  So the colour scheme had to be blue, green and white; which suited me fine as my favourite colour is green.

I've used digital papers from Funky Hand, printed on paper and card to make the individual cake cases, card and tag and the image is from Pink Petticoat.

More Pictures














D.Papers - Funky Daze by Funky Hand (Son Day collection)
Image - Pink Petticoat
Embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Templates for tag and cake case - My own
Ribbon - Ribbon Oasis

Challenges Entered
Get Funky - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Blog -  wk 169 - It's a gift
Craft Punked - Week 35 - New Baby

Sorry that the photos are a bit dark but I was taking them late at night and didn't get a chance to take anymore as the gift had been handed over.

Don't know what's going on with Mr Blogger as I've been trying to upload these photos for two days but 'he' keeps freezing when only half of a photo has loaded, grrrr!

Thanks for looking,

Lynn x




6 comments:

  1. Lynn this is just the most wonderful way to give a baby gift I've seen in ages. So creative. Thank you for sharing them with us and joining in with this months Get Funky Challenge.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning!! Love your color combo and idea, wonderful!! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lynn - you should be so proud that you've made such a stunning gift and card. I bet the new Mum adored it.So inspiring, I love it.Thanks for joining in with us over at Get Funky 'anything goes'challenge.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, what a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww what a super cute gift set!!
    thank you for getting funky with us this challenge
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous idea and so cute
    thanks for joining us at Get Funky this month
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall