It's the title of a song written by Billy Joel some years ago and I haven't actually been there myself. However the son of some friends of ours was obviously in this frame of mind last year when he and his partner went over to the US to get married in New York.
Last week they celebrated their first anniversary so a New York themed card was .... well .. on the cards.
I downloaded a picture of the New York skyline then traced it onto black card and cut it out by hand. The sentiment was created in 'Word Art' and printed directly onto the background, but this white version was about the third attempt. I tried a pink background with pink lettering first, on a white base card, but decided that it looked too loud. Eventually settling for white with silver as I thought that it looked classier. The finishing touches are a couple of crystal gems in the top corners and a smaller gem to dot the 'i' in Anniversary.
I'm entering this card into the Anything Goes Challenge #67 - Black with one other colour
That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Monochromatic
That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Monochromatic
Thanks for looking,
Lynn x

what a smashing card Lynn - cutting that skyline out must have been a job and a half
ReplyDeleteDebz
x
p.s. thanks for your entry into my blog candy - but you need to leave a comment on my post on the letraset blog to be entered into the draw :)
Thanks for your lovely comments on my card Debbi, I did leave a comment on the letraset blog - it's the 3rd one but just checked and it's still awaiting moderation.
Deletethis is stunning lynn.i love the silhouette city :D
ReplyDeletexx coops xx
Great idea! Fab card.Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place challenge blog xxx Lisa
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulously personal card- that's what cardmaking is all about! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x
ReplyDeleteLove this Lynn so stylish
ReplyDeletethanks for joining us at That Craft Place
hugs
laney
Clever idea, I'm sure they loved it. Great card.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Anything Goes
Hi Lynn
ReplyDeleteI missed this one making an appearance .. .. and love it!!
Fantastic skyline you have created for this special card that will be full of memories for the anniversary couple.
Love Jules xx