Monday, 14 May 2012

Hole-in-one



This card is not my usual style.  Although I'm not one for adding loads of ribbon, lace, flowers and stuff I don't usually do something as minimalist as this, even on a masculine card.




As my husband and one son both play golf  I'm always on the lookout for suitable stamps or images so when I spotted a pack of die cut golfers at a recent craft show I bought them (as you do) and added them to my ever growing stash.

Some of these impulse buys lose their appeal later and don't always make it to a finished item, but I liked the idea of using this silhouette on a really simple black and white card.  The 'golf ball' is just a circular hole in the black strip of card and the computer generated sentiment was positioned to look like the path of the ball.

I've got 4 more golfers to play around with (a round with - get it?) so I'm going to see if I can come up with something 'more is more'.

I'm entering this into the Totally Paper Crafts Challenge 116 - No Pesky Girls Allowed


Thanks for looking,
Lynn x

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous Lynn, hope you have fun with the four other golfers!
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning male card lynn.the silhouette golfer is fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card Lynn - very striking!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - very clever design, cutting a hole for the golf ball - love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn

    I think the silhouette looks great and love the idea for the golf ball.

    Great one for the men folk!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall