Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Card for baby Jacob

The daughter of a good friend of ours has just had a baby boy so I wanted to make a personalised card. I recently made a baby boy card that I really liked, using Funky Hand papers, but in order to enter it into the Get Funky Challenge I had to include five flowers. As these were put in the position best suited to the baby's name a new card was needed. I've used the same layout but alternated the colours blue and green, added JACOB instead of flowers and tied a teddy charm to the bottom ribbon. The hood and wheels on the baby buggy have been raised up for extra dimension and the edges of the card layers inked to help them stand out. So that the letters stood out from the background I edged those too but I had to use a pen which was very fiddly and took ages - still it was worth it as I'm pleased with the finished result.

Front View


Side View


Inside


Papers - 'Son Day' Collection, Funky Daze CD by Funky Hand
Image - Pink Petticoat
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Die Cut Letters - Sizzix 'Wingo Zingo'
Ribbon & Charm - Unknown

Today whilst wandering around Blogland I followed a link to Creative Inspirations and was surprised to see that their latest challenge, no 116, calls for Blue, Green & 1 other Colour so I'm entering my card into this.


Thanks for looking,
Lynn x

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute card - love the matching inside too, looks fab :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so sweet Lynne..! and I love how you done his name too...so gorgeous hun..!

    have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card lynn.i love the fresh colours and fab embossing and image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card. thank you for sharing on my blog
    cazx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card hun, thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall