At last my card for the latest challenge at Get Funky, which is to make a shaped card. I was beginning to think that my efforts would be in vain as we have had no internet connection for a couple of weeks so I couldn't upload it. We had been having problems connecting to the internet because the 'hub' kept re-setting itself. It would start to load a page then all the lights would go out, then all start to flash and before making a connection the lights would go out again. What a pain - my husband and son kept saying that they would sort it out but after much faffing about getting nowhere I took things into my own hands and rang the BT help desk. After about two hours of pressing this and that, crawling under the desk to unplug various wires and a lot of hanging on while he spoke to his colleagues, he agreed that the hub was faulty and arranged for us to be sent a new one. Hubby was surprised when I told him what I had done and very impressed when the new hub arrived within two days.
So onto my card ... it's based on a template that I downloaded ages ago from somewhere, made bigger and reshaped a little. The papers are from the Son Day collection on 'Funky Daze' but the motif on the front is a re-sized sentiment from 'Now that's Funky'. Because this printed in black I decided to add a black dotted line around the scalloped edging (created with Nesties) to tie it in ... not sure whether I liked it better before but it's too late now.

So onto my card ... it's based on a template that I downloaded ages ago from somewhere, made bigger and reshaped a little. The papers are from the Son Day collection on 'Funky Daze' but the motif on the front is a re-sized sentiment from 'Now that's Funky'. Because this printed in black I decided to add a black dotted line around the scalloped edging (created with Nesties) to tie it in ... not sure whether I liked it better before but it's too late now.
White base card - A5 size
Digital Papers - Son Day from Funky Daze
Motif - Circular sentiment from Now that's Funky
Tools - Scalloped Nestabilities
Inside verse printed on PC using 'Angelina' font
Digital Papers - Son Day from Funky Daze
Motif - Circular sentiment from Now that's Funky
Tools - Scalloped Nestabilities
Inside verse printed on PC using 'Angelina' font
Thanks for looking and any comments left.
Lynn x
Lynn x

Ahhhh! Now that is one fab card! I have some baby cards to make over the summer so maybe borrowing your idea for inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favourite colour collections too! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!
Ooh, great colours and a great shape, love it. :)x
ReplyDeleteaw this is really gorgeous.what a fab shape.luv coops.xx
ReplyDeleteThat's really lovely Lynn, thanks so much for perservering and joining us over at Get Funky this month
ReplyDeletehugs
Enfys
Ahhhh this is adorable xx
ReplyDelete