I'm running behind with these challenges but hoping to get them all finished by the deadline of December 16th. Life seems to get in the way of crafting - especially at this time of year.
For the Second day of Christmas the theme was 'Love!' so I used AKV image, 'Mary Joseph and Child', and created a backing paper using the lyrics from the carol 'Love Came Down at Christmas'. This enabled me to use words from the carol for a sentiment to suit the image.
The base card is A5 size using brown Stardream and I've also used this to mat the image and the red embossed card. The wording on the backing and sentiment have been printed in brown and ProMarkers used for colouring.
For the Second day of Christmas the theme was 'Love!' so I used AKV image, 'Mary Joseph and Child', and created a backing paper using the lyrics from the carol 'Love Came Down at Christmas'. This enabled me to use words from the carol for a sentiment to suit the image.
The base card is A5 size using brown Stardream and I've also used this to mat the image and the red embossed card. The wording on the backing and sentiment have been printed in brown and ProMarkers used for colouring.
I'm also entering this into:-
Passion for ProMarkers, Week 129 - Celebrations
Simply Create Too, Challenge #2 - Embossing
For the Seventh Day of Christmas the challenge was to use this picture for inspiration. Unusually for me I knew right away what I wanted to do - craft card, white bird and something red.
The base card is 6"x6" (15 cm square) with Jacbird 6 printed directly onto it (looks almost like a dove). Another image was printed on white then the solid elements cut out and shaped before attaching with glue gel. This was very time consuming but I persevered, though if I was going to do this again I think I'd use a white pen for the tiny bits as they were fiddly to cut out . The PC was used to create the sentiment but I can't now remember what font I used and finally red gingham paper and ribbon were attached at the bottom for my 'something red'.
I'm also entering this into:-
Sweet Stamping Challenge - Something with Wings
Allsorts, Week 133 - It Takes Two
Thanks for looking
Hugs, Lynn x
Sweet Stamping Challenge - Something with Wings
Allsorts, Week 133 - It Takes Two
Thanks for looking
Hugs, Lynn x

Some super creation Lynn, I especially like the clean crisp feel of the Kraft and gingham.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for joining my ‘It Takes Two’ theme at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.
B x
fabulous creations! thanks for playing our 12 days of Christmas challenge at catch the bug!
ReplyDeleteI love this! The gingham works so well with the Kraft card and the effort you have gone to in cutting out the image has really paid off - the whole thing is just gorgeous. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x
ReplyDeleteGreat projects. Thanks for playing along with Bugaboo at Catch the Bug
ReplyDeleteooohhhhhh, so pretty!!! Love it!!! thanks for playing along at SSCB!!!!;)
ReplyDeleteWow, what a pretty card, you've brought it together so nicely. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card!
ReplyDeleteLove the image and the colors :)
Thank you for joining us at PfP,
hugs from Maya