Thursday, 13 October 2011

Bear-Day Wishes!

Unusual for me but no stamping or colouring on this card. I was asked to make a 1st birthday card for a little girl who likes teddy bears, so I created this bear using punched circles and a bit of black card cut into a nose shape. I can't take credit for coming up with the idea as I seem to remember seeing something similar to this years ago.










This card will have to be my entry to the current challenge at Get Funky, which just happens to be 'Birthday Fun', as I'm running out of time. Due to having an upgrade on our PC a few weeks ago, my Papercraft Factory CD Roms need to be re-installed, but I can't quite remember where they are - this Blog isn't called CRAFTY CHAOS for nothing.

The white base card is A5 size and I've used Funky Hand papers leftover from a previous project - I think they are from the February Love collection on Craft The Year Away. The silver, glittery number and circles are from a sheet of card die-cuts that I had hanging around and the sentiment was created on the PC. The bear and his birthday sign are attached with foam pads for a little dimension (not sure if this shows up in the photos) and for a finishing touch I punched a few small flowers to go around the number 1.


Challenges


Get Funky - Birthday Fun!!!
Jules' Crafty Snippet Challenge
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Bear With Us
The Paper Shelter - We Love Animals
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Birthdays


Thanks for looking and any comments left , I really do appreciate them.

Hugs, Lynn x






13 comments:

  1. Aaaawwww ... this is so sweet!
    Thanks for joining our 'Birthday Challenge' at The Sisterhood this week ... we do hope you'll come back again next challenge!!

    Darlene
    One of the 'Sistahs'
    www.darscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww your card is soooo adorable.
    Please come join us for Link up for Pink....We have over $3K in giveaways.
    Celeste
    www.touchedbyabutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts and Get Funky this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow Lynn .. .. this is brilliant.

    That little teddy is amazing made from circles .. .. I can see a few of those appearing around blogland in the near future!!! (I would spoil it when it came to drawing on the face LOL!!).

    Loving your paper choices for your project and fab layout.

    I hope you find your Funky Hand CD's soon .. .. .. I would be lost without mine that's for sure!!

    Thank you on two counts .. .. firstly for deciding to Get Funky! and also for joining me in the snippet playground this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn this card is just so adorable. Your bear is just amazing..you're one talented card maker. Thank you for joining in with us again over on the Get Funky Challenge Blog.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Lynn! Love the way you've made the little bear very clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card lynn.your bear is adorable and i love your pretty colours and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh now isn't that little bear clever! Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining in the Get Funky challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous snippet make, so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Great papers and that bear is amazing.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, so sweeeeet!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww! He's sooooo cute =) I love this card....thanks so much for sharing and thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Birthday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next time on the Funky Fifteenth! Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall