Sunday, 16 October 2011

First Teddy Bo card

Well to be more precise it's actually Teddy Bea. I bought some Teddy Bo images a few months ago and although I printed some of them right away, I wasn't sure how to go about colouring them so they got left and then buried under other stuff.

When they surfaced yesterday (gasping for breath) I decided to go for it and use one to make a card for the current challenge at Teddy Bo and Co which is 'My Favourite Colour', so green it had to be.







A lot of people seem to use pencils for these cute bears - Prismas in fact - but as I don't have any Prismas and not wanting to use watercolour pencils in case the water made the ink run, I decided to have a go with Promarkers.

My first attempt went in the bin as I wasn't happy with the shading - to be honest I'm not totally happy with this one either but it's an improvement on the first and does look better in real life.

The layout was done to fit a sketch challenge at Clean & Simple Stamping, but although I don't go in for really fussy layouts, I think this is perhaps a bit too clean and simple. I'll probably add a few buttons or brads to this card before sending it to someone.

The white base card is A5 size and the patterned paper is from a free digital kit by Summer Driggs called 'Limeade'. I've also used some dark grey pearlecent card for matting and a small piece of lime green ribbon to finish.


Challenges

Teddy Bo & Co - Favourite Colour
Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL 162 (sketch)
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Birthdays


Thanks for looking,
Hugs, Lynn x



12 comments:

  1. This is so very cute!! Thanks for joining our 'Birthday' challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you join us again next challenge!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think is is beautiful the way it is Lynn! Gorgeous colours and your colouring of the lovely Bea is great
    Thanks for joining Teddy Bo at this time and I hope to see you again for our next challenge
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out BEAUTIFULLY! Cutest bear and the combination of color is just perfect! Thanks for joining in the Sisterhood of Crafters Birthday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so beautiful Lynn and absolutely perfect.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card lynn.i love the image and yoiur green colours are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made a very striking card Lynn. I love green too.
    ~Thank you for joining us at Teddybo.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - elegantly simple - thanks for sharing with us at Teddy Bo
    hugs,
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynn, I think this turned out just fine - it's gorgeous!! I love the colours you've used and your lovely clean and crisp style.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous to me Lynn! Lovely image, fab colouring and I love the simple layout too :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn

    I don't know why you aren't happy .. .. I think it is wonderful!! I bet the one that went in the bin was too!!!

    Loving your colour choice and your gorgeous backing paper.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT card! The coloring on the image is awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really stylish card Lynn and the colouring looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete

 

hydroxycut recall