This is the card that I made for my husband's cousin who was 60 yesterday (Monday). I hadn't met her before yesterday when we went down to her home near Northampton. To cut a long story short ... hubby hadn't seen his 3 cousins for many years as they lost touch after his dad then their dad both died within a short time of each other, and the families lived many miles apart. Last year we made contact through Genes Reunited and were invited to Gina's 60th party yesterday. As we were on holiday in Austria last week and onlygot back late on Saturday I had to make the card in a hurry on Sunday. I had been told that she loved cats so used this image (I think it's Penny Black) that I got in a swap and Pink Petticoat digital papers that I had previously printed. On the way down I realised that I hadn't taken a photgraph of the card so had to do it on the back seat of the car, much to my son's amusement as he can't see why I need to take photographs of the cards that I make. I wasn't sure that it would turn out alright as we were moving at the time and I expected it to be blurred but it's ok ... modern technology eh.

The visit was a great success and we met several relatives for the first time and were made very welcome.
Thanks for looking and any comments are most welcome.
Hugs, Lynn x
No comments:
Post a Comment