It's a long time since I updated this Blog, over six months in fact, but things happen which take over your life and make blogging seem unimportant. For me this was when my mum died quite suddenly at the beginning of November. She had been suffering from Alzheimers for a few years and was living in a nursing home. Physically she seemed strong but after a fall went downhill rapidly, although it was still a shock when we got the phone call.
I didn't make any cards for a while, but then when I did make some I couldn't be bothered putting them on here or entering any challenges. The longer it went on it became harder to get back into the habit although I did try to keep an eye on the blogs that I follow.
This week I needed to make a card for a new baby boy so chose some papers from Funky Hand, so that I could enter the latest challenge at Get Funky. But although I'm really pleased with the finished card it didn't fit the criteria, it's got spots but no stripes. So I printed a stripey paper from the same collection - 'Son Day' from the Funky Daze CD and made another Baby Boy card. This one is 6" square and includes a Pink Petticoat image and ribbon from my stash.
I didn't make any cards for a while, but then when I did make some I couldn't be bothered putting them on here or entering any challenges. The longer it went on it became harder to get back into the habit although I did try to keep an eye on the blogs that I follow.
This week I needed to make a card for a new baby boy so chose some papers from Funky Hand, so that I could enter the latest challenge at Get Funky. But although I'm really pleased with the finished card it didn't fit the criteria, it's got spots but no stripes. So I printed a stripey paper from the same collection - 'Son Day' from the Funky Daze CD and made another Baby Boy card. This one is 6" square and includes a Pink Petticoat image and ribbon from my stash.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x
Lynn x

This is lovely card. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge over at Get Funky this month. Welcome back to the blogging world!
ReplyDeleteAnice xx
gorgeous card lynn.i love the sweet image and your design and fresh colours are stunning.
ReplyDeleteso sorry to hear about your mum but pleased to see you back in blogland.
xx coops xx
Gorgeous card Lynn - love the colours and the LO is fab!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to blogland & thanks for playing along with us at Get Funky this month.
Good luck.
{{Debs}} xx
cute card lynn! thankyou for joining us over on get funky this month!! so sorry to read about your mum hugs Lou xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to read about your Mum, it's always a nasty shock, even when you know it's coming.
ReplyDeleteI think your card is wonderful. Lovely colours and you could argue that the image is on a spot! Thanks for playing at Get Funky. xxx
Very pretty. Thanks for playing along at Get Funky! this month
ReplyDeletewhat a fab card
ReplyDeletethanks for playing along with Get Funky
Allisonx
OOhh! Do like these! Hope things are getting better for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month on the Funky Fifteenth! Get Funky!
Morning Lynn
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of your mum passing away. Lovely you have got back to blogging and I hope your knitting is going well. I bought another pattern off Etsy for some little booties. Seems easier to follow and I think I've about cracked the magic loop. I knit tight so making sure I keep it all very loose so it makes it easier to move the stitches. I must make the monsters tho...just adorable. Would love to see your makes.
Take care, hugs Emma x
Whoops sorry forgot to say that your card is adorable and such gorgeous colours.
ReplyDeleteHugs Emma x