I was asked to make a 75th birthday card for a lady who used to be a cook, has a good sense of humour and supports Blackburn Rovers FC. After establishing that Blackburn play in Royal Blue and White I decided that I would use this colour scheme for the card and incorporate an image of an elderly lady with a frying pan (Ethel & Murray stamps I think). Well after an unsatisfactory search through my stash for a Royal Blue background paper ... which included numerous CD's and digital papers ... the only one I could find was a check pattern on a Robert Adams CD. I could find every shade of blue but royal so had to go with the check and printed that but it looked dull; then I wasn't happy with the colouring of the image as the Royal Blue dress looked dull too. At this point I began to wonder if a funny card was really what this lady would appreciate so I abandoned that idea completely and made a 'nice' card instead with a 'nice' verse. I was happy with the finished result ... hope the recipient is too.


Papers - Pink Petticoat (Turquoise/white but not sure which collection)
Image - rubber stamp from Dimensions Fourth
Dark Brown Stardream Card
Numbers - Hippy Chick alphabet dies
Sentiment - Hand written in dark brown
Gems from stash
Hugs, Lynn x
Aw such a beautiful and sweet card, the image is adorable and the papers are gorgeous. Bet the lady love it...
ReplyDeleteHugs Emma x